You can receive up to $25,000 in financial aid per building served by natural gas when you implement energy efficiency measures.
Gaz Métro's financial aid is $0.25 per cubic meter of natural gas saved for the first year following the implementation of an energy efficiency measure. The maximum amount of financial aid is $25 000 per account number serviced by natural gas. The given amount of financial aid cannot be higher than 50% of the investment costs.
Here are a few examples of measures which may be eligible for financial asistance:
- Addition of controls on ventilation or heating systems or on a process;
- Heat recovery on a ventilation system, on combustion products from a furnace or boiler, or from drain water;
- Optimization of a combustion system;
- Insulation on the pipes of a warm water or steam heating system.
Admissibility criteria - in short
- The measures must be recommended either by a technico-economic feasibility study, or by a report or any other relevant document signed by a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Measures must be adequately documented for Gaz Métro to evaluate their impact on natural gas consumption.
- Behavioural measures that require no equipment or product expenses do not qualify.
- Measures aiming at the replacement of equipment already covered by our high energy efficiency system programs must be isolated from other energy saving measures as the savings generated do not qualify.
- To become acquainted with the different admissibility criterias please consult the Participant's Guide.
Steps to follow - in short
- You can consult the implementation incentives program of the Participant's Guide to know the steps to follow to participate in the program. When all the appropriate forms are completed, forward them along with the feasibility study duly authenticated by a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec.
- Your request will be studied and you will be informed of its approval and the amount of the financial incentive accorded to implement the measures.
- From the date of acceptance, you will have one year to implement the accepted measures.
- To become acquainted with the different steps to follow please consult the Participant's Guide.