You could receive up to $54,000 in financial assistance for each building supplied by natural gas by recommissioning your building's mechanical systems.
The program aims to encourage the process of recommissioning existing mechanical systems in buildings.
Eligibility criteria - In brief
- The building must have significant energy savings potential.
- The project must be managed by an accredited recommissioning (RCx) agent by the Ministère des Ressources naturelles (for more information, consult the Ministère's page)
- Any measure calling for the substitution of one energy source by another is excluded.
- Measures related to equipment replacement, to procedures, rate optimization or maintenance are not eligible.
- Measures eligible for Gaz Métro's prescriptive programs, or for studies, encouragement and implementation programs, are excluded from the Recommissioning Program.
- The applicant must agree to complete all the phases of the Program.
- To learn what are all the eligibility criteria of the Program, consult the Participant's Guide
Completion steps - In short
- The steps to be following for requesting financial assistance are:
- Step 1: Submission of Request for Financial Assistance and the Simplified Plan for the recommissioning;
- Step 2: Investigation of the building's mechanical systems;
- Step 3: Implementation and hand-off of energy savings measures identified;
- Step 4: Annual monitoring of persistence measures implemented.
- At each phase, the deliverables required are verified by the Program Manager and financial assistance is awarded according to the terms and conditions of the Program.
- From the date of acceptance, you have two years to complete the investigation study and implement the measures identified.
- To learn what are all the Program completion steps, consult the Participant's Guide.
The financial assistance awarded by Gaz Métro under this Program is divided into three parts:
- A fixed base part, between $10,000 and $25,000, calculated based on the bracket of annual natural gas consumption in which the building falls. This part of the financial assistance may not exceed 50% of the cost of the investigation phase.
- A variable part, calculated at the rate of $0.25/m3 of natural gas saved in the first year following implementation and hand-off of the recommissioning measures approved by the Program Manager. The maximum financial assistance is $25,000 and may not be higher than 50% of the total costs of implementation and hand-off.
- A final fixed part covering up to 100% of the costs for the annual monitoring required by the Program, with a limit of $4,000.
Consult the Participant's Guide
for more details.